Thursday, February 2, 2012

Here we go....

Currently preparing myself for a new job and another trip to Malawi; so I thought, what better way to keep everyone up-to-date with my life changes and my favorite place in the world than joining the blogging world. So here goes..... Moments in Malawi.

My name is Katie Jill Sanderson and I am a 26 year old Registered Nurse who loves nothing more than my trips to Malawi, Africa, more specifically Mtendere Village. This is an orphanage that my best friends, Dana Blanchard (momentswithmamadana.blogspot.com) family founded after the tragic loss of her husband. Follow her blog for more of her story and her "Moments in Malawi" too!

Anyways, back to me:) As a matter of fact, I love it so much that I am preparing for my 7th trip in less than a 3 year time span. I also am so passionate about the work there that I have just recently accepted a full time job as the Nursing Education Program Director for 100x Development Foundation.

100x Development is a non-profit 501(c)3 that was also founded by the Blanchard family which partners with many different projects world wide in order to deliver better education, nutrition and healthcare to orphans around the world. (see link below)

100xdevelopment.com

I will be planning for a 2 week trip to Malawi sometime soon and will try my hardest to blog in an appropriate and timely manner. I will also do my best to make Dana update her blog as well! But please be patient as this is something new in my ever-improving technology world!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for blogging!! I am so happy for you finding your dream job and so proud of the work you're doing!! Love you so so so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete